Home-Wizard™ calculates your ideal home care program to avoid problems with your Dishwasher, but sometimes trouble can still occur. Here are answers to questions about dishwasher noise.
QUESTION FROM rbyford
QUESTION from rbyford on 3/16/2008:
When I run our dishwasher I hear a high-pitched buzzing sound while it's running. Also, the soap dispenser doesn't seem to be working right and the dishes are not getting clean. It's in good shape inside but is 13 years old.
ANSWER FROM HOME-WIZARD
It sounds like you dishwasher has some debris caught in the pump assembly. This could explain both the high-pitched noise and your unit's poor cleaning performance.
Depending on your particular model, you (or a trained technician would have to pull out the dishwasher from its installation and disassemble the lower spray arm section to check for debris in the pump.
Hope this is helpful.
- Dishwasher Mold Formation >
- Dishwasher Heating Element Problems >
- Dishwasher Water Accumulation >
- Dishwasher Dishwater Arm Clogged >
- Dishwasher Won't Drain >
- Dishwasher Won't Work >
- Dishwasher Black Rubber Buildup >
- Dishwasher Detergent Question >
- Dishwasher Dispenser Malfunctioning >
- Dishwasher Gfi Pops >
- Dishwasher Maintenance Issues >
- Dishwasher Mildew Buildup >
- Dishwasher Plug Inlet Drain >
- Dishwasher Refinish Dishwasher Basket >
- Dishwasher Rust Buildup >
- Dishwasher Rust Stain Remover >
- Dishwasher Washer Failure >
- Dishwasher Waste Discharge Blocked >
- Dishwasher Water Seeping >