Dishwasher Maintenance Issues
Home-Wizard™ calculates your ideal home care program to avoid problems with your Dishwasher, but sometimes trouble can still occur. Here are answers to questions about dishwasher maintenance issues.
QUESTION FROM dw
QUESTION from dw on 10/15/2008
Dishwasher maintenance-- Can we use bleach, tang and vinegar all in one cycle, or must the homeowner use one at a time?
ANSWER FROM HOME-WIZARD
Although doing a "bleach / Tang / vinegar" cocktail would definitely save time and energy (and of course we are always looking for ways to help you save energy and time!), unfortunately, we would recommend that you treat the scale problems with your dishwasher one step at a time.
The reason is that each of these treatments is designed to address a particular scale problem with your dishwasher (bleach for mold; Tang for rust; and vinegar for stains). And to allow each one of these treatments to do the best job, it would be most effective to dedicate an entire cycle to just that treatment.
Now if your dishwasher is having problems with mold, rust and stains, and are then wondering what order to do your treatments, then I would recommend that you do them in the order of which of the problems is worse. So if your biggest problem, for example, is rust, then I would suggest doing the Tang treatment first. And so on.
Hope this is helpful.
- Dishwasher Mold Formation >
- Dishwasher Heating Element Problems >
- Dishwasher Water Accumulation >
- Dishwasher Dishwater Arm Clogged >
- Dishwasher Won't Drain >
- Dishwasher Won't Work >
- Dishwasher Black Rubber Buildup >
- Dishwasher Detergent Question >
- Dishwasher Dispenser Malfunctioning >
- Dishwasher Gfi Pops >
- Dishwasher Mildew Buildup >
- Dishwasher Noise >
- Dishwasher Plug Inlet Drain >
- Dishwasher Refinish Dishwasher Basket >
- Dishwasher Rust Buildup >
- Dishwasher Rust Stain Remover >
- Dishwasher Washer Failure >
- Dishwasher Waste Discharge Blocked >
- Dishwasher Water Seeping >