Checklist of What to Discuss
with Your Furnace Service Professional
When your service technician comes out to do the annual servicing of your furnace and water heater, here is a handy checklist of what you should discuss with them:
- What is on their worklist to clean, inspect, replace, adjust and test your furnace and water heater?
- If your furnace or water heater trips off-line, what is the procedure that you would need to use for re-starting it?
- Where is the emergency shut-off switch for your furnace located?
- For your water heater, are they going to backflush it?
- Can they show you how to backflush your water heater, so that you can do it yourself every 3-6 months?
- If you water heater is more than 7 years old, will they be checking your anode protection rod?